Running a law practice requires you to be more of a salesman than you might have imagined. You have to sell yourself and your services to your potential clients.
This means that it is vital for you to have good selling skills.
However, there is a fine line between selling your skills and experience, and not overselling yourself.
You never want to give your clients unrealistic expectations.
While laws and the lingo that goes with it are things that you handle daily, your potential clients may have never had any experiencing working with an attorney.
This can make it even more difficult to sell yourself, but that’s exactly what you have to do.
So how at ease are you when selling yourself to potential clients? Do you fall short, do you oversell, or have you perfected your selling tactics?
Read the following statements
- I empathize well with others and connect easily on an emotional level.
- People enjoy answering the questions that I ask.
- I take the time to listen and ask clients follow-up questions that sound natural.
- I can communicate differentiators without using hyperboles or bragging.
- I recognize when a client could benefit from the services I offer.
- I proactively recognize opportunities, suggest a follow-up meeting, mini-close, etc.
- I make an effort to put myself in a position where I can recognize opportunities.
- I don’t take rejections personally.
- I work to consistently expand my comfort zone.
- I set ambitious sales goals each year.
What did your answers tell you?
There are no right or wrong answers, simply different styles and tactics. However, knowing your comfort level and the areas that you need to focus more effort into can help you when it comes time to sell yourself and your firm.
Knowing how to sell yourself effectively isn’t a dirty secret. It’s an advantage that you should be striving to take advantage of. Putting time and effort into improving your sales skills will help propel you into a future where your highest of ambitions can become a reality.
To learn more about how we can help grow your business using online marketing, schedule a free 15-minute call with us.