Promote and Optimize Your Videos – Part 2
In part one of this series, you learned how to optimize your videos before you simply slap them online.
Just like optimizing your videos, promoting your videos is also crucial for their success and not something you should just hope for the best. Your videos will benefit you the most when you position them on the web with intention.
Maximizing how you use videos on your website, and YouTube are the most fundamental ways to promote your videos. But there are various other ways to promote your firm as well.
Here are a few that we recommend:
✅ Use Social Media to Promote Videos
Promoting your videos should go beyond YouTube and your firm’s website. You should also try to reach a target audience that may not know about your website.
Fortunately, social media helps you reach potential clients right where they are. Sharing your video on social media allows potential clients to see, share, and act on a video.
- YouTube – YouTube is a sharing and hosting site for videos, but it is also a bit of a social media site. Create a channel for your business and organize relevant playlists. Connect with potential clients and respond to any comments.
- Facebook – When you think of social media, Facebook is likely what you think of first. Post your videos to Facebook and ask your clients to watch, comment, and like your videos. About half of all Facebook users are on the site daily, which means that a large number of your followers are likely to see your videos.
- Twitter – More businesses are using Twitter. Tweet a link to your video with a bit of text about why someone should watch it or what questions it will answer.
- LinkedIn – This is an often overlooked site for video sharing, however, videos are a perfect way to jazz up your LinkedIn profile.
- Business Profiles and Listings – There are a lot of other directly and profile sites for law firms that allow you to add videos. Review any profiles that you maintain and see if you can add videos to your strategy on those.
✅ Videos in Newsletters and Emails
Emails campaigns that include a video often have better performance and click-through rates. They are great at grabbing attention and can reach users in a way that a still image or words cannot.
Be sure that videos you include in emails are short and only include one video at a time. End with a call to action that explains what people can do next.
✅ Work with the Pros
If optimizing and promoting your videos sounds like more than you are able or willing to handle, there are a variety of marketing firms that will help you make the most of the effort you put into creating video content.
These tips will help you continue to grow your practice all year long!
At Bambiz, we work with elder law and estate planning firms and have extensive experience in developing social media marketing strategies unique to your firm, location, and potential client base.
To learn more about how we can help grow your business using online marketing, schedule a free 15-minute call with us
Jim’s mission with Bambiz is to help Elder Law and Estate Planning attorneys get more clients and grow their business. He was awarded the Tampa Bay Business Journal Top Up and Comer Under 30 and is a Certified Digital Marketer. Jim is also passionate about running and fitness, having completed over 26 full marathons in three continents.